In 1946, with a license from the GHQ, Takeda converted the bombed-out ruins of a naval arsenal in Hikari, Yamaguchi Prefecture, into a factory. This marked the ﬁrst private use of publicly owned land after the war. It became Takeda's second main plant, following the Osaka Plant, and primarily manufactured vaccines, which were acutely needed by society at the time.
In May 1949, Takeda opened its stock and became a publicly traded company.
In 1950, Takeda produced and started selling Panvitan®, which was Japan's ﬁrst multivitamin.
In 1953, Takeda and ACC each provided half of the capital to establish Lederle (Japan), now Wyeth K.K. This was the ﬁrst pharmaceutical joint venture in Japan after the war. Lederle (Japan) manufactured the antibiotic Aureomycin, which Takeda marketed.
In 1954, Takeda successfully developed and began sales of the vitamin B1 derivative Alinamin®, a prodrug that increased absorption of vitamin B1. Around the same time, the Company also started supplying vitamins for food enrichment to ease the malnutrition caused by postwar food shortages.
In 1960, the Shoshisha Foundation was established to carry on the work of Chobei Takeda V who in 1923 started using his own money to support deserving students with ﬁnancial needs.
Following the establishment of a manufacturing and marketing company in Taiwan in 1962, Takeda established manufacturing and marketing companies in Southeast Asia, including the Philippines, Thailand and Indonesia. Tianjin Takeda Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd., established in 1994, became the ﬁrst plant in China to be certiﬁed for Good Manufacturing Practice.
In 1963, funded with an endowment from Takeda, the Takeda Science Foundation was established to contribute to the development of scientiﬁc technologies and culture by encouraging and supporting research in relevant ﬁelds.
In 1978, Takeda established a pharmaceutical marketing joint venture in France, followed by operating bases in Germany and Italy.