- Submission of non-confidential proposal: 15 Jun to 17:00 JST on 17 Aug 2022
A proposal is to be prepared by the applicant using the designated Proposal Sheet (max. four pages), based on non-confidential information. The applicant may discuss the application with his/her university administrative staff while he/she is preparing the submission.
- First selection based on the proposal: to 11 Oct 2022
Submitted proposals will be reviewed by Takeda and/or Takeda’s affiliate researchers in the relevant research field and will be shortlisted based on strategic fit, innovation and potential contribution to therapeutic research.
- Interview (video-conference): to Mid Nov 2022
Following execution of a non-disclosure agreement as needed, an opportunity for a direct scientific discussion between the applicant and Takeda researchers will be set up. The interview will be held either in person, or most probably by video-conference. The COCKPI-T® Funding winners will be subsequently selected based on the result of the interview within several weeks.
- Final selection for COCKPI-T® Funding winners: 29 Nov 2022
The final winners’ ("Principal Investigators") institution ("Institution") will receive the COCKPI-T® Funding contract template from Takeda. It will take a few months to finalize the contract. The project will be initiated after contract execution.
Approximately one year from contract execution (from the date of contract execution to 31 Mar 2024)
- Therapeutics-oriented projects: up to JPY 10,000,000 (10M) or equivalent amount (including indirect costs)
- Platform Technology-oriented projects: up to JPY 5,000,000 (5M) or equivalent amount (including indirect costs)
*Takeda decides the amount based on the research plan
How to Apply
Follow the procedure below to make an application.
- Download Proposal Sheet below, and complete the application based on non-confidential information.
- Read and agree with the Terms and Conditions.
*You can read the Terms and Conditions for an application to COCKPI-T® Funding below in advance.
- Send your Proposal Sheet prepared at Step 1 to COCKPI-T Funding Office (COCKPI-T@takeda.com) by e-mail. Once you submitted your proposal sheet, you will be considered that you have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
- Once submission of your application is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email from COCKPI-T Funding Office at Takeda.
Download the Proposal Sheet
For Therapeutics-oriented proposals
For Platform Technology-oriented proposals
* File Format: docx, doc, pdf File size: up to 5MB
Terms and Conditions for an application to COCKPI-T® Funding
Basic Terms and Conditions in COCKPI-T® Funding Research
- Research Term: approximately one year after contract execution (until 31 Mar 2024)
- Funding for the Research Program: Takeda pays Institution a grant of up to JPY 10,000,000 or equivalent amount for therapeutics-oriented projects or JPY 5,000,000 or equivalent amount for platform technology-oriented projects according to the research plan, to support COCKPI-T® Funding research in whole or in part. Institution shall use, or have Principal Investigator (COCKPI-T® Funding winner) use, the funding solely for the COCKPI-T® Funding research (wages, supplies, operating expenses and other expenses as agreed).
- Progress Meeting: Takeda may request progress meetings with the Principal Investigator through a site-visit or teleconference on a quarterly basis. Upon completion of the project, the Principal Investigator must submit to Takeda a comprehensive final report within thirty (30) days, which includes all of the results of COCKPI-T® Funding research and an expense summary.
- Research Results: All research results generated in the course of COCKPI-T® Funding belong to the Institution. In case execution of COCKPI-T® Funding research was significantly dependent on Takeda’s contribution, Takeda may propose other conditions regarding the intellectual property.
- First Negotiation Right: Institution grants to Takeda and/or its affiliates an option to first negotiate with Institution, on an exclusive basis, for an exclusive, worldwide right and license of the research results whether patentable or not and/or the option for further research collaboration pertaining to COCKPI-T® Funding research results.
- Use of the Research Results: Takeda is free to use all the COCKPI-T® Funding research results for the purpose of Takeda's research and development without payment of additional compensation while the Institution shall have the right to license, transfer and/or sell the research results without Takeda's consent. (For the avoidance of doubt, Takeda is not allowed to use any other research results outside of the COCKPI-T® Funding research produced by the Institution even if the research results are related to the COCKPI-T® Funding research)
Frequently Asked Questions HERE