The garden, based in Kyoto, Japan, was established in 1933 as a facility for researching medicinal plants. We are continuously engaging in social contribution activities, focusing on the collection, storage, and cultivation of medicinal plants. The site houses 3,000 species of plants including medicinal plants on a 94,000 sq. meter area. There are about 560 camellia varieties that Chobei Takeda VI started to collect in 1956.