Shire plc (LSE: SHP, NASDAQ: SHPG) (the “Company”) announces that the following documents have today been posted or otherwise made available to shareholders:
- 2014 Annual Report
- Notice of the 2015 Annual General Meeting
- Form of Proxy
In accordance with Listing Rule 9.6.1, a copy of each of these documents has been uploaded to the National Storage Mechanism and will be available for viewing shortly.
The 2014 Annual Report and Notice of the 2015 Annual General Meeting are also available on Shire’s website www.shire.com.
Disclosure & Transparency Rule (“DTR”) 6.3.5 requires the Company to disclose to the media certain information from its Annual Report, if that information is of a type that would be required to be disseminated in a half-yearly report. Accordingly, the Appendix to this announcement contains a management report and the Directors’ responsibility statement. It should be read in conjunction with the Company’s unaudited full year results for the year ended December 31, 2014, issued on February 12, 2015, which comprises the Company’s consolidated financial statements prepared under US GAAP. The Appendix together with the unaudited full year results constitute the material required by DTR 6.3.5 to be communicated to the media in unedited full text through a Regulatory Information Service. This material is not a substitute for reading the full 2014 Annual Report.
The information included in the Appendix is extracted from the 2014 Annual Report which was approved by the Directors on February 24, 2015. Defined terms used in the Appendix refer to terms as defined in the 2014 Annual Report unless the context otherwise requires.
Deputy Company Secretary
For further information please contact:
+44 1256 894157
NOTES TO EDITORS
Shire enables people with life-altering conditions to lead better lives.
Our strategy is to focus on developing and marketing innovative specialty medicines to meet significant unmet patient needs.
We focus on providing treatments in Rare Diseases, Neuroscience, Gastrointestinal and Internal Medicine and we are developing treatments for symptomatic conditions treated by specialist physicians in other targeted therapeutic areas, such as Ophthalmics.
THE “SAFE HARBOR” STATEMENT UNDER THE PRIVATE SECURITIES LITIGATION REFORM ACT OF 1995
Statements included herein that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties and are subject to change at any time. In the event such risks or uncertainties materialize, Shire’s results could be materially adversely affected. The risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, that:
- Shire’s products may not be a commercial success;
- product sales from ADDERALL XR and INTUNIV are subject to generic competition;
- the failure to obtain and maintain reimbursement, or an adequate level of reimbursement, by third-party payers in a timely manner for Shire's products may affect future revenues, financial condition and results of operations;
- Shire conducts its own manufacturing operations for certain of its products and is reliant on third party contract manufacturers to manufacture other products and to provide goods and services. Some of the Shire’s products or ingredients are only available from a single approved source for manufacture. Any disruption to the supply chain for any of the Shire’s products may result in Shire being unable to continue marketing or developing a product or may result in Shire being unable to do so on a commercially viable basis for some period of time;
- the manufacture of Shire’s products is subject to extensive oversight by various regulatory agencies. Regulatory approvals or interventions associated with changes to manufacturing sites, ingredients or manufacturing processes could lead to significant delays, an increase in operating costs, lost product sales, an interruption of research activities or the delay of new product launches;
- Shire has a portfolio of products in various stages of research and development. The successful development of these products is highly uncertain and requires significant expenditures and time, and there is no guarantee that these products will receive regulatory approval;
- the actions of certain customers could affect Shire's ability to sell or market products profitably. Fluctuations in buying or distribution patterns by such customers can adversely affect Shire’s revenues, financial conditions or results of operations;
- investigations or enforcement action by regulatory authorities or law enforcement agencies relating to Shire’s activities in the highly regulated markets in which it operates may result in significant legal costs and the payment of substantial compensation or fines;
- adverse outcomes in legal matters and other disputes, including Shire’s ability to enforce and defend patents and other intellectual property rights required for its business, could have a material adverse effect on Shire’s revenues, financial condition or results of operations;
- Shire faces intense competition for highly qualified personnel from other companies and organizations. Shire is undergoing a corporate reorganization and was the subject of an unsuccessful acquisition proposal and the consequent uncertainty could adversely affect Shire’s ability to attract and/or retain the highly skilled personnel needed for Shire to meet its strategic objectives;
- failure to achieve Shire’s strategic objectives with respect to the acquisition of NPS Pharmaceuticals Inc. (“NPS Pharma”) may adversely affect Shire’s financial condition and results of operations; and
other risks and uncertainties detailed from time to time in Shire’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including those risks outlined on pages 30 to 37 of the Appendix to this announcement.
Click here for the PDF version of this press release.