Takeda Irelands Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme endeavours to focus on our Company values of Integrity, Fairness, Honesty and Perseverance while upholding the highest ethical standards.
Through our local CSR initiatives Takeda Ireland aims to:
- Demonstrate clear leadership, governance, values and integrate responsible business practices across the business.
- Develop employees and the future workforce to build successful working lives.
- Contribute towards employee morale and engagement.
- Invest in the communities in which the business operates and those in greatest need.
- Manage resources sustainably.
Takeda Ireland's CSR Framework focuses on the following stakeholders:
Takeda Ireland encourages all employees to participate in community organisations and civic improvement projects that the Company supports. The Company supports a number of different organisations and events that are in line with our CSR framework and CSR strategy. CSR at Takeda Ireland aims to build relationships with the stakeholders outlined above.
Recent CSR activities have included:
- Employee Be Fit for Life Programme - Health Benefits Promotion
- Employee Participation in the Smarter Travel Workplace Step Challenge www.stepchallenge.ie
- Inspiring the Future Ireland – Career Talks to under 16’s www.inspiringthefuture.org/inspiring-the-future-in-ireland/
- Collection of Winter Coats and Woollies. Donation of new sleeping bags, hats and gloves for the Simon Clothes Bank
- Saint Vincent DePaul Food drive for local families during the Christmas Period
- Cake Bake for Motor Neurone Disease (MND)
- Sponsorship of Participant Jerseys for CP2CP – Croke Park to Croagh Patrick Cycle – Fundraiser for Irish Road Victims' Association, Parkinson’s Association of Ireland and Walking In Their Shoes
- Sponsorship to a local school for their annual charity event